Friday, October 31, 2008

Crikey!... I miss Steve!

Jordan and I went to the Australia Zoo, Home of the Croc Hunter, yesterday. This is the zoo started by Steve and Terri Irwin. Steve's picture and voice are everywhere. It made me a little sad. Terri still does the croc show there sometimes and Bindi was hanging around the day we were there.

We started off the morning by feeding the elephants. That was really fun and definitely an interesting experience. Their trunks are much wetter than I thought. We saw the croc show after that. They started off by showing us a bunch of birds and elephants and then had a really big crocodile named Mossman come out. They did the tail walk a couple of times and the guy fed him some more stuff on the land. It was pretty cool, though not as spectacular as I'd hoped. Apparently Terri can make the crocs to death rolls and stuff. I can't imagine how cool it would have been to see Steve do it!

After the crocs we wandered around the zoo. Saw lots of alligators and crocodiles, as well as a Tasmanian devil, red fox, camels, more elephants, and otters. We watched the otters get fed. They were super cute and funny. We also watched the play time between the tiger cubs and their handlers. That was really cool and the tigers were so cute. We kind of bypassed the roos and koalas this time around, since we've been to the koala sanctuary twice. They are still really cool though and Jordan and I would like to have them as pets.

I leave to go back to the US on Monday! I can't believe it! I'm headed to the market this morning to do a little more present shopping and then we're going to see a movie with Becca and Beth. My last couple days are going to fly by!

I've got tons more pictures to post, so keep a lookout for those. There'll be 3 new albums: the rest of the pictures from Cairns, take two of the koala sanctuary with my mom and sister, and pictures from Australia Zoo.

It looks like my blog posting will be winding down now. I may do a final post after this. We'll see. I really hope you all enjoyed reading. I know writing was quite beneficial to locking all of this into my memory.

Nicole

No comments: